California Naturalization Attorney Helps Clients Attain Citizenship
Van Nuys law firm advises applicants on immigration procedures
Choosing to become an American citizen is an important decision that entitles you to the full benefits of American life. However, the process includes many complicated steps. My Van Nuys firm, the Law Offices of Jovi G. Usude, helps clients handle and complete the naturalization requirements of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If you have been a lawful permanent resident for at least five years or have resided here for at least three years as the spouse of a U.S. citizen, my firm can outline what you can expect in the application process. With more than 15 years of legal experience, I can skillfully guide you through each phase.
Accomplished lawyer delivers comprehensive support for aspiring citizens
From the preparation of Form N-400 through the Oath of Allegiance at the citizenship ceremony, my firm provides knowledgeable counsel on every part of U.S. naturalization, including:
- Filing and eligibility — I work closely with green-card holders to guide them through the filing process, going over issues like the residency and moral character tests. My firm also steers you through necessary tasks such as the fingerprinting requirement.
- Interview — Your interview with an immigration officer is a crucial stage of the naturalization process. I draw on my background in this area to help you anticipate issues that might come up and apply for any appropriate medical waivers.
- Testing — I make sure that you are well prepared for the crucial evaluations conducted by U.S. authorities on English language proficiency and knowledge of American civics.
- Appeals —If your application for naturalization has been rejected, you do have the chance to appeal. Using Form N-336, I can help you demonstrate that the USCIS made an error when reviewing your case. Filing again is another option.
- Dual citizenship — The United States does not recognize dual citizenship, but depending on the specific country of origin, a naturalized U.S. citizen might be able to maintain more than one passport.
My firm offers high-quality immigration counsel and a free initial consultation to everyone who seeks legal support to become an American citizen.
Accomplished law firm defends against revocation and removal actions
Whether you have attained citizenship through naturalization or are living in the United States under a different status, you could be targeted for removal. Naturalization revocation can occur if the government finds that a person misrepresented a material fact during the citizenship process or if they join a prohibited terrorist organization within five years of becoming a citizen. If you have been targeted for revocation, my firm can provide the immediate assistance and strong advocacy you need.
Contact an experienced California naturalization lawyer for a free initial consultation
The Law Offices of Jovi G. Usude assists California clients with naturalization, citizenship and other immigration matters. Please call 424-274-7065 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation at my Van Nuys office.