California Immigration Lawyer Provides Trustworthy Support
Van Nuys attorney helps clients settle and stay in the United States
People from around the world come to the United States to take advantage of the many opportunities our country offers. Unfortunately, complicated American immigration laws make moving and staying here difficult even when all of your information is in order. At the Law Offices of Jovi G. Usude in Van Nuys, I am a strong advocate for immigrants’ rights in cases involving visas, removal, naturalization and all other immigration matters. Whether you are looking to bring a family member to Southern California, seeking to escape persecution from your native land or wish to obtain an employment visa, my firm will work tirelessly on your behalf to simplify the process and assert your rights.
Accomplished law firm works to obtain visas and green cards
With more than 15 years of immigration law experience, I know how to help clients who are seeking:
- Immigrant visas — People seeking a visa to reside in the United States indefinitely rely on my firm to secure a visa for their relevant employment or family status. I help clients understand how applications are prioritized and what limits exist.
- Nonimmigrant visas — Numerous types of nonimmigrant visas exist for individuals who wish to enter the United States on a temporary basis. Whether you wish to come here for work, education, tourism or to reunite with a family member, my firm will guide you through the necessary procedures.
- Permanent resident status — I help family members of U.S. citizens and permanent residents as well as employees of American companies obtain green cards. My firm assists with the legal steps that must occur in both the applicant’s home country and here.
In a free initial consultation, I will evaluate your situation and advise you of the latest pertinent legal developments.
Experienced counselor advises on employment-based immigration
Bringing needed workers to the United States benefits employers and employees. Various classifications exist for employment-related immigrant and nonimmigrant visas. If someone is looking to stay permanently based on their special talents or achievements, my firm creates a compelling argument for priority treatment. I also help companies bring skilled workers to this country on a temporary basis through visa categories including the H-1B.
Dedicated advocate defends individuals facing removal proceedings
If you have received a Notice to Appear at a removal hearing, prompt legal assistance gives you the best chance to stay in the country. Whether you are an undocumented immigrant or someone whose legal status has been revoked due to an arrest or some other factor, my firm will fight to keep you in the United States.
Skillful attorney assists people who seek asylum and refugee status
The United States provides a safe haven for individuals who face persecution in their homeland due to their race, religion, ethnicity or political affiliation. Whether you are already in the country and seeking asylum or looking to enter as a refugee, I assemble the necessary documentation to demonstrate the merits of your claims. Contrary to what some say, the review process in these matters is very strict, requiring skilled advocacy. I can guide you through it.
Los Angeles County lawyer handles citizenship applications
People who choose to become U.S. citizens through the naturalization process must undergo a thorough review. My firm delivers authoritative advice and action at every stage, including filing required documentation and preparing you for the English and civics test.
Contact a knowledgeable California immigration attorney for a free initial consultation
The Law Offices of Jovi G. Usude advises Southern California clients on immigration issues and other legal matters. Please call 424-274-7065 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation at my Van Nuys office.
Immigration and Naturalization ; green card filing (family or work related)
- Work Permits
- Deportation and Removal defense
- Assylum Witholding & Torture convention(political social religion sexual orientation etc)
- Release from detention and Bond hearing
- Criminal issue with Immigration
- BIA Appeals
- Lawsuit to challenge prolonged detention
- Domestic violence and abused spouse (vawa)
- Child abuse and crime victims (U visas)
- Consular cases
- Unaccompanied minors
- Labor certification
- Airport stops
- Law suits to end long delays and unfair decisions
- Victims of trafficking